THE EVOLUTION
This is honesty time...I'm shedding the lies
Removing the facade I've grown accustomed to
Shed the image of love and the likewise
Now I disregard feelings like it was a custom to
Come one, come all! Step right up!
I welcome you to the show, I will be your host
Narrating the story of good turned evil
Once so sensitive, now as sentient as a ghost
Distancing the pain from the pleasure
Which so many times has coalesced into one
An abstract expression of emotions
As valid as obtaining peace through a gun
Constantly writing fictional facts of love
A never ending stream of wishes and hope
Of a perfect future with someone special
But now cleaning myself with proverbial soap
Removing every trace of innocence
Every romantic notion I once held so dear
Each evocative syllable spoken in meter
In imitation of the works of Will Shakespeare
But POOF! Gone like it never existed
But the truth is it never did you you'll never have missed it...
Now it's your turn! Go and start writing. I can wait.
Or write it on your own blog or whatever and just leave a link.
I just want to get people trying to be more creative and expressive. =D
Live long and prosper,
Marcus
Marcus

No comments:
Post a Comment