Don't you miss the days that came with being too young and naive to know anything? Because at 12:30 in the morning, those memories were to first thing to come to me. The days when we were worried about cooties instead of AIDS and STD's. When we cried because of scraped knees and elbows instead of broken hearts? When we used to play pretend instead of playing certain parts. Remember when cookies and candy was more important than money, clothes and shoes? Back in the day when we never even thought twice about what we were going to do? When everything took second priority after nap time and play time. Now it's always game time, in such a temporary lifetime. Why can't we appreciate every little thing instead of taking a holiday to make us thankful. Be grateful for the days when we were still allowed to be a handful. But now we have to practice self-discipline and sit tight. But I think it's not right...I was put on this Earth to take flight. And I can't let my mind ignite, when I keep reminiscing about days past. But the years change fast...Though there's one thing that everyone has to accept. Is that like an in-store purchase, change makes cents (sense).
You see no matter how hard it is, change is really necessary. Especially when there's more liquor stores than libraries. It is simply a necessity. For example, if I didn't change, I would never have found the best of me. Without it, we would still be Neanderthal men in caves, cooking and eating food that doesn't taste good. That's one thing we should be doing instead of missing our childhoods. Dreaming of things to come, not just looking towards the sky. Looking deeper than our loved one's eyes and living a life surrounded by lies. Without change, we would simply be stationary. But now I can use my stationery, to write notes like this and stretch my own boundaries. Change lets us move on. But we have to make our own change. We can't expect to just coast along with the rest of the world giving nothing in exchange.
On the other hand, I'm here to change lanes. Not even touching the brakes, I'm planning to overtake. Forget the 808's and Heartbreak, I'm forgetting the heartache. It's nothing but a hindrance to clarity, making everything opaque. I'm not here to stand still. I'm here to get somewhere. Like haircare, my head's the most important. Or rather what's in it. You see, to knowledge there is no limit. And in the words of Albert Einstein, "Only 2 things are really infinite. The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not so sure about the universe." But we can't be stupid forever. We have to understand ourselves and become enlightened together. Instead of looking back into the innocent days of the past, we have to look to the experiences the future holds.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
The road goes on forever and the party never ends,
Marcus
Marcus

No comments:
Post a Comment