Tuesday, November 3, 2009

UPDATES AGAIN?

So now I only use this blog to update you guys on the movement I'm taking part in. Well, it's not really a movement, just me doing stuff I like or find appealing. But I promise, I will be posting up more random stuff, more C.A.G. posts and possibly some music in the future, just sit tight and buckle up for the rest of the grind.

Anyway, this past Friday, I was invited to perform at Don Bosco Catholic Secondary School. For what? Well, I read a spoken word piece. Why? Well...I was intermission at the Toronto's Best High School Dance Crew competition with a whole grip of other performers, including the homie Brian Millado.

I'm happy to say that we both got pretty good receptions for our pieces from the entire crowd...I just wish we'd stayed for the entire thing so I could have met people after. If anyone that was there sees this, and liked my performance, feel free to comment or contact me in some other way! I'd love to get your opinion and/or critique on it.

Also, much respect to all the crews that performed, and shouts to the few people that I met there...y'all should know who you are, it was great meeting you guys. Word up to Randell Rivera's crew, Surreality, too. Get 'em next time guys!

As for the future, I will be attending the BAM! Youth Poetry Slam finals on Wednesday at The Central with a grip of peeps. If you feel like attending, come with us! Cover charge is $5 at the door, alcohol is served and open mic starts at 7:15 so be there by then. Make sure you're ready for some awesome poetry and a side of inspiration while you're there as well. Hopefully we'll get some cypher-ing going on down there with anyone that wants to participate.

And if you can't come to that, then it's all about the 21st of November at the Drake Hotel Underground where they will be holding the Toronto Poetry Slam for November. It's going to be another dope show, so I hope I see y'all there. And as always, if you run into me or just see me across the street or something...just say hi! I'd love to hear from you.

Getting on the creative grizzle,
Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment